- Carla Hall Perfect Pie Crust
- Michael Symon Apple Cider Donut Trifle
- Mario Batali Cranberry Cherry Crumble
- Carla Hall Thanksgiving Chocolate Pecan Piecake
- Carla Hall Sweet Potato Pie Bars
- Carla Hall Thanksgiving Pilgrim Bake
- Carla Hall Pumpkin Cream Cheese Brownies
- Angie Shoffner Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Carla Hall Flourless Hazelnut Chocolate Cake Recipe
Carla Hall Cheesecake Dessert Recipe
The Chew: Carla Hall Cheesecake Dessert Recipe
The Chew’s Carla Hall responded to an audience vote, which requested that she make a Pomegranate Swirl Cheesecake Recipe. She was surprised at the results, but she loves to make sweets, so she got Mario Batali to help her whip this up. Follow along and you can do this too.
Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature when you are making cream cheese, so that it will not be lumpy. Don’t overbeat it, because that can add more air and cause cracking. Just remember to let the cream cheese sit out for a bit before you get started.
The Chew: Daphne Oz Pregnancy Cheese Advice
Are you pregnant like Daphne Oz? Here’s what you need to know about cheese, which can contain bacteria that is harmful to your baby.
- AVOID Blue Cheese, Brie, and Queso Fresco unless you bring them to a boil (soft, mold-ripened cheese)
- ENJOY Gouda, Feta, Cheddar (hard and pasteurized cheeses), Cottage Cheese, Processed Cheese
- Crust Ingredients
- 2 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 1 tbsp grated Ginger
- 6 tbsp melted Butter
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Filling Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Pomegranate Juice
- 1 1/4 cups Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2/3 cup Plain Yogurt
- 2 lb soft Cream Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 room temp Eggs
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- Whipped Cream
- Pomegranate Seeds
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Stir crust ingredients together in a bowl to incorporate them.
- Press crust into the bottom of a prepared 9” springform pan.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and let completely cool.
- Once it has cooled, wrap the outside and bottom of the pan with heavy aluminum foil.
- Cook pomegranate juice on medium low in a sauce pot to reduce by half.
- Beat sugar into cream cheese for about five minutes.
- Beat in vanilla with salt, and then add eggs one at a time.
- Once everything is fully combined, mix in the yogurt and heavy cream just until combined.
- Transfer one cup of batter to a medium bowl and reserve.
- Pour the batter (except the reserved cup) into the baked crust.
- Mix pomegranate juice with the reserved batter.
- Dollop this mixture atop the cheesecake in four distinct spots.
- Use a butter knife or skewer to create a swirl pattern, without touching the bottom of the pan.
- Place the cheesecake pan inside a roasting pan.
- Transfer this to the hot oven.
- Pour warm water into the roasting pan, covering halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake about 75 minutes, until only slightly jiggly.
- Remove from oven and transfer springform to a cooling rack.
- Once cooled to room temperature, chill in the fridge for two hours.
- Serve with whipped cream and pomegranate seeds.